Ter the world of computers, nothing is cent procent secure &mdash, spil proved by numerous hacks including various thefts of bitcoins worth millions and breach of HBO&rsquo,s servers. And so is true for cryptocurrency exchanges &mdash, where many are backed by insecure strategies and false promises.
You might ask then: which exchange is trustworthy enough to buy bitcoins?
It&rsquo,s hard to say and unlikely to guess, but observing the statistics and checking out the people&rsquo,s practices around the world, one can find out the most trustworthy exchange. This being the case, I&rsquo,m listing below the most trusted bitcoin exchanges. The below list is compiled based on comments, feedbacks and practices of numerous people.
Coinbase is one of the effective mediums to trade bitcoin, ether, and litecoin. Coinbase supports overheen 32 countries, letting you trade using your local currency. Amazingly, your digital assets are stored te an offline storage, and its multi-signature vault gives you more control overheen your funds. It also provides apps for Android and iOS devices.
What I like is, Coinbase protects your digital assets with its insurance policy, i.e., you&rsquo,re protected even if the exchange lose your funds due to a hack or system failure. Moreover, it also lets you schedule your purchases monthly or weekly to invest with discipline.
- It has effortless and clean interface suitable for fresh users.
- You can set automatic payments to buy cryptocurrencies.
- Coinbase maintains high security towards your stored digital assets.
- Its insurance policy protects your digital currencies stored on its servers.
- Various countries are not supported including India, China, Russia, Germany, etc.
- It has limited payment methods like credit/debit cards, canap deposit, and PayPal.
- It poses certain limitations on trading bitcoins.
- Its transaction fees are high.
It is a peer-to-peer exchange that enables you to postbode exchange ads stating exchange rate and payment methods for trading bitcoins. That means, LocalBitcoins is a person-to-person bitcoin exchange where you can buy and sell bitcoins. Its web wallet stores your bitcoins from where you can sell them or transfer them to your individual bitcoin wallet.
What I like is all online trades on LocalBitcoins are protected with escrow system to avoid frauds and scams, similarly to escrow system on freelance job sites or other peer-to-peer sites. Interestingly, you can also enhance your account&rsquo,s security by enabling 2-factor authentication and login guard to protect your account from unauthorized logins.
- It lets you trade bitcoins ter 248 countries including Bangladesh, Belgium, Brazil, Greece, India, Japan, Switzerland, and many more.
- It supports various payment methods including PayPal and credit card.
- Its escrow system protects you from online frauds.
- It provides various methods for improving security.
- Chances of scams are high if precautions aren&rsquo,t taken.
- It&rsquo,s expensive to buy with credit cards and PayPal.
- Fees can be higher if you&rsquo,re trading using specie because people are ready to pay reserve for the privacy suggested while trading with metselspecie on LocalBitcoins.
Coinmama supports exchanging bitcoins, enabling you to buy bitcoins using a credit or debit card. What I like is, it secures and encrypts your individual information on dedicated servers spil its traders&rsquo, security is its prior motive. You can also buy bitcoins with specie after you&rsquo,ve provided the required documents and verified your account.
- Effortless navigation and attractive user interface.
- Permits purchasing bitcoins with specie.
- Your privacy and security is on Coinmama&rsquo,s priority list.
- Coinmama supports various credit or debit cards including VISA, MasterCard, etc.
- Good affiliate program that offers 15% of Coinmama&rsquo,s commission to the referrals.
- Fees are high.
- You cannot sell bitcoins.
- All of its functions are not available ter some countries.
- It supports payment by only credit/debit cards and not PayPal.
CEX.IO encrypts your accomplish gegevens and provides strong security to your account. It supports almost 99% of countries and executes orders quickly. What fascinated mij about CEX.IO is, it supports the popular payment methods and avails downloadable reports.
Remarkably, it also supports margin trading and automatic funds borrowing along with numerous features for professional traders. CEX.IO protects your account against DDoS attacks, and it&rsquo,s compliant with PCI DSS standards like above given secure exchanges.
- CEX.IO supports the various payment methods including credit/debit cards (VISA and MasterCard), bankgebouw transfer (SWIFT and SEPA), and coins (BTC and ETH).
- 0% trade toverfee for makers, and special conditions for high-volume traders.
- It supports US dollars, euros and rubles only.
- High fees is charged for trading bitcoins.
- Handelsbank withdrawals might be expensive.
- Its interface may not seem effortless to fresh users.